Okay, I know if you keep up with the “My Week In Makeup” series you’ll have seen all of this before, but in this post I will go into more detail about the makeup I use on the daily and I plan to link this into all the future “My Week In Makeup” posts.
Just a quick reminder that not all of the products I use are vegan friendly but that’s because they were pre vegan purchases and it would be wasteful to just throw them away, so I plan to use them until they’re finished and just not repurchase.In this post I will also tell y’all about the products I hope to replace my non vegan makeup with once it has been used up.
Yeah, my makeup bag is probably a lot bigger than the average persons but I do my makeup at work most days so it’s just easier to carry a lot with me than be bummed out that I left my favorite whatever at home.
- moisturizer: I currently have two moisturizer in my makeup bag, My new one which is Eve Taylor C+Bight SPF 15. it’s a really nice base for makeup and it really brightens my skin and gives it a healthy glow. My second moisturizer is Superdrugs Simply Pure Light moisturizer, it’s fragrance free and hypoallergenic and I prefer to use this one when my skin is breaking out and its feeling a little oily. Both of these moisturizers are cruelty free and vegan. Yay!
- Primer: I don’t always use primer because I usually forget and only remember after im slapped foundation all over my face, but I have Gosh Prime’n Set, it’s also a mattifying setting powder. I like this, it’s a powder (obviously.) so I just swirl it over my face with a big powder brush, it kinda makes my skin feel smoother and tha means I can spread my foundation out more easily. Gosh is also a cruelty free brand, this primer is vegan but not all of their products are, but here’s a link to their vegan list.
- Concealer: The current concealer that I am using is Benefits Boi-ing I think it’s the medium shade, it’s pretty thick, to be honest I not a huge fan of this concealer, I just use it because it was expensive and I don’t want to just throw it away, Benefit is not a vegan friendly/ cruelty free company and I don’t really want to support them any more so once im done with this I plan to try Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, because its vegan and Urban Decay are a cruelty free brand. If you are an Urban Decay fan girl like myself here’s a link where you can check out their vegan list.
- Foundation: I’m currently using Nar All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Fiji, I do like this foundation, but I don’t think its my forever foundation so I do plan on trying something else after like Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, or Urban Decay Naked Weightless Foundation, since both of those are vegan friendly. Nars is a cruelty free company, I don’t think the foundation im using is vegan but they do have vegan cosmetics, sadly I couldn’t find A vegan list to link.
- Blusher: I’m currently using two blushers Benefit Dallas which I love the colour of but will definitely not be rebuying, ive actually had this blusher since 2009 (I think.) that’s probably really gross but I only decided I liked the colour this year so I thought I’d use it up. My second blush is Bare Minerals in Rose Radiance this is vegan and Bare Minerals are a cruelty free brand, but just be aware that their brushes aren’t always vegan, they do sell synthetic brushes also, but a lot of their brushes are goat and pony hair, that’s just something to be aware of when purchasing.
- Powder: If I don’t use Gosh Prime’n Set as a setting powder I use Sheer Cover Finishing Powder in Medium, Sheer Cover is vegan and cruelty free mineral makeup brand
- Primer: I currently am using Bare Minerals Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer, it works well, try to avoid getting it anywhere other than your eyelids as it’s hella difficult to get off the skin once its dried. As ive said Bare Minerals are A cruelty free brand and as far as I’m aware this primer is vegan.
- Eye Shadow: Okay this is where I get crazy, currently in my makeup bag I have Urban Decay Naked 3, Naked Smoky, and Electric. I love Urban Decay, im such a fan girl! I’ve already linked their vegan list above, I know not all of the shades in these pallets are vegan and to be honest I couldn’t tell you which shades are and which shades arent vegan. they are probably the best quality eyeshadows ive ever used, the brushes are also insanely amazing quality, the brushes are vegan friendly and can be purchased separately I highly recommend Urban Decay makeup brushes.
- Eye Liner: The liquid liner im currently using is Rimmel London Glam’Eyes Professional Liquid Liner in 001 Glam Black, it’s not cruelty free or vegan, I hate the brush that’s with it, it stings my eyes if I use slightly too much, to be honest I don’t know why I havent just thrown it out, really I just don’t like being wasteful. I wouldn’t recommend this ever. Gosh do a really good liquid liner with an amazing brush just at the time I went to repurchase the Gosh liner it was out of stock, next time ill just have more patience or buy it online. The pencil liner I am currently using is one from Victorias Secrets, it’s not vegan or cruelty free sadly, I was actually given it as part of a gift at christmas, I have a ton of pencil liners to use up so sadly I probably wont be using a vegan one for a while until the ones I have are done.
- Mascara: I’m using two mascaras at the moment, Benefit Bad Gal Lash which is almost done, I only use it for my bottom lashes, I wont be repurchasing, one because it’s not vegan and Benefit are not a cruelty free brand, and two because it’s actually a pretty shitty mascara, it’s overpriced and im not a fan. My second and most favorite mascara ever is Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, it’s amazing, it really lengthens and thickens my lashes, maybe it’s not better than sex but it does come close! Heres a link to Too Faced vegan list.
- Brows: I’m currently using Barry M Brow Kit, Barry M is a cruelty free brand with lots of vegan products but this brow kit sadly isnt but I just wont rebuy this particular product, I do recommend Barry m as a brand, I really do enjoy they’re products, theyre affordable and a nice quality. I don’t have A vegan list for Barry M, but if you go onto the online store there is a little vegan symbol in the ingredients lists to show which products are vegan.
- Lip Liner: I don’t use lip liner often, I have three in my everyday makeup bag because it’s the only three I own,none of these are vegan or cruelty free, I wont be rebuying these, to be honest they’ll probably last me an eternity, they are Maybelline New York Coloursensational Lip Liner in 547 Pleasure Me Red and in 132 Sweet Pink, also Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 018 Addiction.
- Lipstick: My lipsticks change all the time these are just the four that are currently in my makeup bag. so, Lipstick number one is an Avon one in 2000 Red, I don’t really like Avon Makeup that much anyway, I think the majority is poor quality, they aren’t vegan and they aren’t cruelty free so yeah I won’t be repurchasing. Lipstick number two is Makeup Revolution Matte Lipstick in Beloved, cheap cruelty free drug store brand, nice quality, I don’t know if this is vegan, Makeup Revolution doesn’t have a vegan list as yet but im aware they are working on making it more clear which of their products are vegan, im sure you could drop them an email with any questions you may have they seem pretty responsive and happy to help. Lipstick number three my one and only Mac Satin Lipstick in Rebel, love this colour, but not vegan, not cruelty free, yeah Mac lipstick is good quality but to be honest I find Mac makeup a little over rated and pretentious. Sorry not Sorry. Lipstick number four is Maybelline New York Coloursensational in 630 Velvet Beige, this is my favorite shade, sadly again it’s not vegan or cruelty free, I plan to replace this with Jeffree Star Cosmetics in Celebrity Skin, I also plan to try Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar, they are both vegan brands.
I’m currently using a Bare Essentials Full Flawless Face brush and a Soft Sweep Cheek Brush, they’re not vegan, but Bare Essentials are A cruelty free brand.
I have two Avon eye makeup brushes, one is a blending brush and one is a shading brush, they are nice quality but I wont be buying anymore from Avon since they’re not cruelty free.
I also have a few Models Own brushes they are really lovely quality and they are A cruelty free and mostly vegan brand, the Models Own brushes I’m currently using are their powder brush, shading brush, blending brush, and angled brush.
Do you want to check if you favorite beauty brand is cruelty free or vegan friendly? Click here to find out.